Senior Product Manager, Content Experiences
Hearst Newspapers (July 2018 – Present)
- Manage the development and deployment of digital news experiences at Hearst’s major dailies, including the San Fransisco Chronicle, Houston Chronicle and Albany Times Union.
- Analyze and model data to to optimize the user experience and revenue opportunities in key channels, including homepage and newsletter.
- Built relationships with newsroom leaders across Hearst’s portfolio of newspapers to understand editorial needs and inform strategic priorities.
Editor for strategy and platforms, Opinion
Newsday (July 2017 – July 2018)
- Promoted to lead a team that uses technology to translate the editorial board’s voice and legacy to a digital world.
- Secured $1.5 million in grant funding to launch nextLI, a digital platform for research and conversation about Long Island’s future.
- Develop and maintain partnerships across departments to keep opinion connected to digital efforts across Newsday. Led the group tasked with evaluating and replacing Newsday’s online commenting platform.
Newsday (June 2012 – July 2017)
- Edited and produced videos and interactive content for the editorial board.
- Built a presence for the opinion department on Facebook and Twitter.
- Dramatically increased section reach (measured by unique visitors) and engagement (measured with Chartbeat) using a combination of search engine optimization, social media and web exclusive projects.
Digital Media Associate
Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism (June 2011 – June 2012)
- Guided students and faculty in the use of new technology and storytelling tools, including Adobe Premiere and ProTools.
May 2008 – June 2012
- PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO: NPR, Columbia University, DNAinfo.com, St. Louis Jewish Light.
- REPORTING: Wrote about community events for the Bronx Free Press and blogged regularly for AOL News from May 2008 to Aug. 2009 on general news and politics for the college news section of the network’s political magazine, including several posts featured on AOL’s homepage.
New York University Leonard N. Stern School of Business
Master of Business Administration, May 2019
Concentrated in entertainment, media and technology with additional coursework in inclusive leadership and change management. Studied strategic foresight, research methods, scenario writing and strategy development with quantitative futurist Amy Webb.
Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism
M.S., Journalism, May 2011
Graduated with honors. Concentrated in digital media with coursework in long-form video and data visualization.
Washington University in St. Louis
B.A., English, May 2010
Graduated magna cum laude. Wrote an honors thesis researching memory in American Holocaust fiction. Minor in political science.
Finalist, Investigative Reporters and Editors Award
Recognized in the 2012 student category for “Lobbies at the Top,” a project completed with The New York World.
Pulitzer Traveling Fellowship
One of five students recognized by the Columbia Journalism School faculty with an award to “enable outstanding students to travel and study abroad, observing people, politics and society and the character of the foreign press.”
Gregory Freeman Award for Achievement in Journalism
Awarded in 2010 by Washington University Student Media, Inc. to recognize work as the editor in chief of Student Life Newspaper and service to the Washington University community.
Boards and Memberships
Washington University Student Media, Inc.
A board of Washington University alumni who advise and train student journalists.